Sunday, February 18, 2007
Day 1 Lunar New YearIt was a good day overall. Nothing out of the blue happened, still the same old lunar new year proceedings like all the years before. But I can't help but notice some things did change over the years albeit in subtle ways.This year,1. I don't really give much thought on what to wear. I don't even care if my clothes and shoes are all brand new. Just a mix of the old and the new. The years of fussing over new things from head to toe are long gone. 2. My relatives have became suddenly curious about my life. I guess it's the start of probing questions to come such as, "Do you have a boyfriend? Where is he studying? and the most appalling question so far, when are you planning to get married?!. I think the older you get, the more probing questions you're gonna get. WHAT????? Erm, I only just turned 22. Goodness, being happily attached does not equate to wanting to get married in the very near future. 3. Instead of dozing off in the passenger seat while my dad drives from one end of the island to the other for visitation, I was the designated driver for this year's visits. Awesome! I love driving. Surprisingly, the highways were pretty clear of traffic, so it was really liberating to go at 110. 4. I dont give much care as to what I eat. I think I ate 3 grandma's curry puffs in a row. =\ (maybe more) One thing not that good this year, my younger sis is not around to celebrate with us. Worse, I had no one to help share the load of questions aimed at me. I really dread the idea of answering the same old questions. Haha... Thankfully, its an annual thing. Anyway, here's wishing everyone a blessed lunar new year 2007! Full speed ahead in devouring new year goodies, collecting ang baos and indulging in MJ ;););)
Posted by Jo at 11:09 pm
Cool Reads
Snippets
Small Talk
Archives
Im Listening to
Check This Out
Blog's Peeps

IT staffing