Wednesday, January 17, 2007



Pricing is the new CAT.
(I think julie will definitely nod her head in strong agreement after reading the title. LOL)

Ok, I think only people who studies in SMU know the agony of CAT. CAT stands for Computer Analysis as a Tool. And is THE most dreaded module and according to my standards, the most horrid and toughest. Basically, its just excel shite.

And why do I say pricing is the new CAT because for a 7% assignment, we have to run Solver (don't it bring back nightmarish images of sitting in front of the laptop trying to make sense of all the Excel spreadsheets????). For 7%, that's alot of work to do. I thought my CAT days were over. I am so wrong.


If I knew better, I would not have bidded for pricing. By the way, Pricing is a MARKETING module. Ain't Marketing all about being creative and yes, more reliance on ideas rather than technical theories and since when do we need to use excel and do quantitative stuff to do a 7% assignment.


Thankfully, I have wonderful and brainy friends who know how to do the assignment and do not mind imparting their answers to me. =)



Blogging is really beginning to lose its novelty on me. Fast becoming a chore.

And you can tell I'm a lazy person (those who know me better), by my blog's address. My summer exchange seemed like years ago, and I did'nt even bother thinking of a new name for my blog. Like What's new right.

I'm plain lazy and cannot be bothered with such stuff sometimes.

Posted by Jo at 5:29 pm