Sunday, January 14, 2007



Internship Woes.


Decided to check out the internships available on Ontrac (SMU's intranet for companies hiring interns). And there are seriously alot of companies to choose from. I would'nt say I was spoilt for choice but I saw 2 or 3 companies with positions which I really do not mind applying for.


Companies like:


Borneo Motors


Looking for Marketing Intern (Events Management)
Job scope:

- Assist in Events co-ordination

- Must have a pleasant disposition
- Good writing and communications skills

Hmm. Seems pretty easy-going. Pays 600 for the job. Typical intern's measly pay.

and I am keen on the Lexus Marketing also in Borneo Motors... But I have this gut feeling, questions will be asked on how much do I know about Lexus cars and the like. How would you promote a Lexus Car to your colleagues and friends... Well, I guess it boils down to crapping skills.

Since, I'm majoring in Human Resource Management as well. The Merck Sharp & Dohme HR intern caught my eye. MNC, that's why, it's a Recognized name. Anyhow, what's more attractive for me is the attachment period. HAHA, 7 May to 27 July. Only a mere 2.5 months of internship contrary to the usual 4 months. Which means, more fun time traveling, going for scuba diving trips (fingers crossed) and more slack time definitely. See, I'm so predictable. As long as I get to enjoy my summer and fulfil my internship requirement of 10 weeks, I'm happy.

Apparently, there are 4 other students who think the same way and had already submitted their applications while I'm still considering and keeping my options open. Talk about being anxious.


Time to pruce up my resume and cover letter. Time to review what I've learnt in Finishing Touch which surprisingly, I got an A for.


Posted by Jo at 6:06 pm