Monday, December 04, 2006



SMILE

I went for my grand-dad's 80th birthday dinner last night. It was a truly heartwarming and lovely to see all my family members and relatives gathering together for an all-chinese dinner. Haha yes, my family even though most are english-speaking, we do love our chinese food alright... Without fail, we'll have our usual chinese meal at our favorite chinese restaurant every month and everyone must avail themselves for that monthly gathering. We always have a good time eating, drinking and catching up on the latest happenings. My grandparents looked amazingly healthy and happy last night. And I felt just so happy when I saw their wrinkled yet so smiley faces while eating. It was such a blessing to glance around the dining table to see all my young cousins, aunts and uncles all gathered together just to celebrate my granddad's birthday. And at that moment, I fet the warmth of having such an awesome family who never fails to find time for each other and never fails to meet up occasionally for a good warm meal. We are definitely not the kind of family who meet up only during CNY. Really Praise be to God for such a loving and amazing family. Feel so so so blessed after the entire dinner =)

And I seriously begin to think my boyfriend has this strange (good in a way) effect on my aunts and especially on my mum. They are too concerned about him and my mum even more so. Simply adores him lah, have no idea why. Asked my mum before and she just said, he's cute treats you really well and looks like a teddy bear. (Like huh?!, Hahahahaha! oh well, even my close girlfriends said exactly the same thing) Well, my mum kept asking me how is he doing in norway, when is he coming back. Haha my opinion, they seemed to be more anxious about his well-being than I do. (urps) Anyway, my aunt reminded me that its only a month before he's back and i realised that time actually do pass really quickly these days.



Posted by Jo at 11:25 am