Tuesday, November 07, 2006



The End is Drawing Near

And I can't blardee wait for the presentations, quizzes, assignments and exam to be ALL over.

Woohoo, just 3 more weeks. Week 12 now, which means 13,14,15 to go!

Annoying obstacles to post-Week 15 days includes the following

1) Marketing research assignment no.2 and Quiz no.3
2) Business Processes Write up No.4
3) Marketing Research final presentation (MR seriously gets on my nerves, all those stats stuff is driving me near to bonkers state) Oh God, help!
4) Business Processes Final exam (thankfully, I have only ONE exam to sit for)

In retrospect...
Seriously, I must admit majoring in Marketing is a slack way to go through varsity life since marketing mods are non-examinable. BUT! the projects will leave you gasping for air. Profs expect Ra-Ra presentations with super cool video clips, presentation slides (if you use Photoshop, more brownie points for you, that goes without saying), role play and other fanciful stuff.We have to exude confidence when we speak and no referring from scripts. There you go, presentation style of marketing students in SMU. And when it comes to report writing, its not just report on plain old boring A4 paper. We present reports in mazagine style on glossy paper. Sheesh, I remembered we did that for my very first project in SMU and we got an A+ for that. Goodness, and its like the norm now.

High expectations. Thats why they put this so called "articulate & confident'' attribute over our heads. We are literally pressured to speak well, carry ourselves confidently. Its like nature vs nurture kind of senario. See...

With that, I'm so so so looking forward to my year end vacations. I'm going to somewhere (not sure where thou, still deciding) with my uni girlfriends (fingers crossed), Shanghai with my family and Bangkok for cheap shopping on Christmas day itself. Coolness! I can count the days spent in Singapore with both hands.

Wouldnt it be good, if we can have a fast forward function in life. Just fast track to the holidays and totally glossed over the exams.

Anyway, time does flies when you're busy and having fun.

P/s: Jax, since I dont see you online these days, just wanna tell you I've just received the postcard. Thanks, thats sweet of you. My parents and sis said Hi back!


Posted by Jo at 9:55 pm