Sunday, October 08, 2006



Some Random Thoughts

To go or not to go?

For?

Yet another 'burn another hole in my parents' pocket' exchange
OR
Work and Travel USA

Urgh. Sometimes, life throws you contraints that makes decisions so so so tough to make. So many hesitations pulling me back. Why can't we just throw everything aside and just go with the flow. Well, life's a bitch. Haha, nah, I'm sure what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.

Such is having age on our sides. When we're young, we are so eager to try out all things new. We want to try first, clubbing, tanning, painting the town red with all our partying frenzy, our first martinis and vodkas. And then when we tried all of the above, we get bored and turned our attention to other activities to satiate the inner craving for the new and untried. We want to live life to the fullest since being young only happens once.

Anyway, I've discussed with Jax about my rather lofy and crazy plans to travel together. Either we plan well and embark on the same exchange program to the same partner university or we sign up for Work and Travel together. But sadly, both are pretty much not possible. Firstly, I'm studying Business Management and he, Maritime Studies (I'm sure most of you would know by now). Hence, the core mods we have in common are practically zlich. Secondly, by the time he comes back home, the Work and Travel Interviews would be long over. So, at the end of the day, back to the point of life's nastiness.

So that leaves me with the faintest hope of going for exchange due to other factors as well.

Hmmph.

Well, I still have one LAST plan. I'm persistent when it comes to having my bit of fun. Haha I seriously have no intention of giving up this idea of traveling with my boyfriend. The last plan is to go for a graduation trip to the States. This plan seems rather achievable since both of us will prolly graduate at the same time if all things go according to plan. =) The trip can only be a month long 'cause we have to factor in looking for employment and any trip longer than a month would be hard to account for in our resumes.


SEE WHAT I MEAN???
Its seriously like "With more power comes more responsibility" kinda scenario!. Not that I'm powerful or possesses super hero (or heroine) powers. It's just that when you get older, you have loftier plans, you think that being young is oh so empowering and you tend to throw cares to the wind. But life works differently, it pulls me right down to earth, and never fails to knock some sense into me. Telling me that life is not that rosy afterall. It seems to tell me, "You have your responsibilities, you know! You can't say 'Let's Go!' when you do have issues to account for."


Life. It's sometimes too absurd and puzzling for me to comprehend.

Well, I shall stop trying to comprehend it for awhile. All this pondering is driving me nuts.

At the end of the day, let me be frank, I think I'm a super spoilt person. 'Cause I just die die want to have my fun and new experiences. Have to change my mentality.
The world doesn't just revolve around me.

Posted by Jo at 11:50 pm