Thursday, October 26, 2006
Skydiving. Try It. You'll love it!
Its one hell of a thrill ride that is completely out of this world. I'll try it again, definitely!
Went through my old pictures of holidaying in Cairns, so.. here goes.. skydiving experience.

Waiting on the plane as it ascends higher into the clouds. I was feeling alright up until the point the small dingy plane started to hover above a sparse layer of clouds. I was like, Shit, what have I gotten myself into?! Haha... by the way, my dad and I went for the 10,000 feet (3300 metres) skyjump. Dont ask me how high is that, all I know it is high enough to make me feel seriously afraid. My feelings at the ledge, the moment before I take the plunge was undescribable; its fear, anticipation, anxiousness all rolled into one. The point of no return.



No kidding, We were above the clouds. And the speed of the 60 second free fall was 200km/h (according to the tandem master jumper). Wow, it was amazing. So fast that, I can feel the skin of my cheeks being pushed back. Haha, that was like the longest 1 minute of my life. Falling and falling through the sky. And the dumb thing is, I tried smiling for the handheld cam the tandem diver was holding. But my mouth was in such a weird shape. Was trying so hard to resist the force of the wind gushing into my mouth.



Awesome!
Im glad I skydived with my dad. It was truly an experience to remember.
We only live once in this lifetime, try things you never thought you would do, amaze yourself.
---------------------------
ok, back to studying.
Posted by Jo at 11:36 pm