Saturday, October 07, 2006
A Risk Of Faith"The older I get, the less I want to take risks. I clutch the railing as I walk down a flight of stairs. I look both ways -twice- before driving through an intersection." Anne Graham LotzYes, the older I get, the less I want to take risks. I can be gungho about loads of stuff. Ask me to go for a dive or a white water rafting trip. I'll gladly go (if time allows). I have no qualms when it comes to trying out new adrenaline packed stuff which allows me to step out of my comfort zone. Hell, I've even tried skydiving before. But these days, I'm more timid than ever.Day-to-day living presents risks that I feel so afraid to take. Little things like taking normal tests, presentations and even sharing my faith to my friends. Even trying to parallel park is nerve wrecking! My faith of seventeen has faded away. And this song's lyrics completely nailed my feelings. Spot on. Next Thing I KnowWritten by Matthew WestI remember when I was thirteenI saw a picture on my TV screenThe Reverend Billy Graham and the people sing "Just As I Am"And I felt like You were talking to meAnd the whole world seemed to fade awayUntil I heard my mother say
"Son, are you ok? Do you wanna pray?"And that became the hour I first believedChorus:And next thing you knowI'm high and flying, next thing you knowMy heart is in Your hands, next thing you knowThere is no denying, next thing you knowI'm a brand new manWell I wish I could say I always stayed right thereAnd I did until my freshman yearBut the world was pulling me along way from thirteenAnd You were calling but I didn't hearStill I knew there was something moreSo one day my knees hit the dorm room floorI said "If You're there and if You really careCome and talk to me like I was thirteen"Chorus:I Got a picture in my head todayOf how Heaven might look somedayI see the people there so I pull up a chairAnd their stories they blew me away'Cause I can see it on every faceTheir evidence of graceAnd as I listen it occurs to meEverybody's got their own thirteenSo what's your story about His glory?You gotta find your place in the history of grace---------------------------------------This song spoke to me (in a figuratively sense of course). I remembered I was seventeen when I first attended church regularly. Life was different then. Simple faith existed and there were none of the complexities that are oh so common now. Fear and worry are 2 words not easily found in my life's dictionary back then. Now, being 21 is a whole different experience and story altogether. We just flow with the tide, not knowing where it'll lead us to. The world seems to have taken hold of me. And I refuse to let it do that. So its my prayer that when week 13 and 14 (peak season of presentations) rear their ugly heads,I'll remember what God said in His Word."For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline"
2 Timothy 1:7
Begone pre-presentation and exam jitters! Courage to face what's coming your way, girl!
Posted by Jo at 4:51 pm
Cool Reads
Snippets
Small Talk
Archives
Im Listening to
Check This Out
Blog's Peeps

IT staffing