Sunday, October 01, 2006



Change.


This post will be a deviation from my normal rants and ramblings...

I'm deeply encouraged by 2 very special friends during the spate of events that happened last week. One friend, I knew since Sec 3, the other I just got to know slightly better since the start of the current school term...

Most of you would know Eileen, but not many would know that she's the one who first brought me to church. And I'm thankful that she did because that crossroad seriously has a deep impact in my life and from then on, its not the same anymore. I just love hanging out with her 'cause we can talk non-stop about Christian stuff and church. Ha, who says we just shop all day long? Hey, we do have meaningful conversations alright. It might seem real boring to others, but I feel both of us need that extra bit of encouragement. Who doesnt when life gets to you? She always says that I give encouraging and enlightening comments. But somehow, I feel that she's the one who encourage me to talk about such stuff. Its just amazing, a friend whom I seldom see, can have such an impact on my life.

The other friend; I think only 2 close friends around me knows who he is. Haha, I just got to know him better since the start of school term. He's special in a way (folks, please think in a purely platonic and no strings attached kind of way here alright). He made me think more about Christian issues. Its really mind blowing. I remember I was so touched by this particular song I sang for the first time during worship. By the way, my mum, sis, aunt and uncle all love that song too. And somehow, I have no idea who sang it and I couldn't find in on Ares since Im clueless about the title and the artiste. So I said a very short prayer to God, praying that I want that song. Haha, the next thing I know, my friend, Mingwei msned me and he said he has an awesome song to send to me. And GUESS WHAT?? Its the song I wanted!!! Anyway, I found out the song is "What Can I do" by Paul Baloche.

And this only happened in a matter of minutes! Im not kidding you! Im so amazed! I was like, WOW!

So, these 2 particular events changed me. Haha, amidst the mundanities in life right now, I'm experiencing really meaningful events in my life.

I'm sure, by now, you guys will think I'm easily amazed by seemingly simple and small events. Haha. But to each his own.

Indeed, different friends plays different roles in your life. In my opinion, all my friends play important roles in shaping my life. Friendships are really that powerful.
Something that we can never do without.

Posted by Jo at 12:26 pm