Sunday, September 24, 2006


Still

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

-----------------------------------------

We sang this song (amongst other songs)during worship service today. One word to describe the atmosphere during worship today. W-O-W. It was simply amazing! One of the best worships ever! This song was the most touching because it conveys so much of the peace that God can give in times of trials and tribulations. The song makes my troubles seem puny as compared to the troubles of say, a middle-aged cancer-stricken patient and people who are too poor to make ends meet. Who am I to gripe and grumble when there're others who are less well-off?

Hmm, I have no idea why I felt the way I felt during this morning's worship but I know I truly am grateful what God has done in my life. I remember one of my uni friends mentioning that I am a very lucky girl to have such a lovely doting family, amazing friends and a sweet boyfriend who calls me from Norway every night. I don't seem to worry much, I'm simply overly optimistic, my life is a bed of roses. I wonder why they think so. Cos I just don't see it happening. I mean, I dont think much of myself, and why am I exactly so 'lucky'.

That changed today after the service, I realised I'm not lucky, Im blessed by God.

It's not arrogance on my part, it's faith and confidence from God that indeed, my life will turn out well, no matter what. Because if God is for you, who can be against you? I believe everything will turn out fine. This hectic period will pass, and good things will await. =) I'll soon see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And contrary to what I thought will be a horrible, never-ending 5months waiting for Jax and Youie to come back home, I find solace in an even greater love and comfort which comes from above.


*See what I mean when I say the worship was W-O-W?! Haha because hardly do I reveal such a side of me.* Now, I feel everything is possible with God! Yea! Haha...

Posted by Jo at 8:27 pm