Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Singapore: My Island HomeHappy 41th Birthday, Singapore! This year's theme song is good, it brought me to write this post and to tears. Tears just welled up in my eyes when I heard it. All of a sudden, I feel this sense of belonging here. National day never fails to make me feel so blessed to be a Singaporean. Yes, we may not have wide open spaces, breath-taking picturesque scenery nor clear blue-greenish waters great for scuba diving. But at least we live in a peaceful land where opportunities are abound for people who seek them. And no matter how much fun I had while traveling, I always feel that nothing beats coming back to Singapore. Everytime the plane touched down at Changi Airport, my sis and I will complain and sigh because we're back in boring and hot Singapore again. But at the end of the day, this place is home where we first learnt how to walk, made our best friends, fell in love, had our first kisses, our memories and our dreams came true. I know most of us complain and harp on the bad side of Singapore, how hot and humid, how boring, uptight and stressful life here can be. But we can always learn to look on the bright side of life and stop griping so much. At least we're not in Lebanon fighting for our lives, in Ethopia starving to death with houseflies swarming around our heads nor in Congo where children has to bear arms. Think about that and you feel that life here in Singapore is good afterall.And heres to an awesome 41th for you!
Posted by Jo at 7:20 pm
Cool Reads
Snippets
Small Talk
Archives
Im Listening to
Check This Out
Blog's Peeps

IT staffing