Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Favourite Quotes:
Hope they'll leave you thinking more about life and the way you want to live it.
"There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way"
-2oth century American Writer, Christopher Morley

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistant one."
" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- Albert Einstein

"It's really a wonder that I haven't dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd...Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery, and death...and yet...I think...this cruelty will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again."
- Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank.

And this is my personal favorite:

"Life is too deep for words, so don't try to describe it, just live it."
- C.S Lewis

"Our passions are not too strong, they are too weak. We are far too easily pleased."
- C.S Lewis

"The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, and the second half by our children"
- Clarence Darrow (haha, not sure if it'll turn out that way. Hopefully not.)

"Fantasy is a necessary ingrediant in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
- Dr. Suess

"I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you, and I am I, and if by chance we find each other, it's beautiful."
- Frederick E.Perl

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
- George Benard Shaw

Life is very interesting, if you make mistakes.
- Georges Carpentier

When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else have you got?"
- Henry Rollins

Posted by Jo at 7:51 pm