Thursday, July 13, 2006
A day of sun, sand, sea and DAI-DI.Yes, you saw the last word, Dai-di correctly. If you are clueless what Dai-di means, it means Big Two in English and it's a form of card game. Anyhow, we as in Youie, Marie and I spent the whole afternoon at Siloso beach playing Dai-di. *Faints*Do not under-estimate the addictive power of this simple game. We played for hours on end. Oh well, it all started on last monday while waiting for the World Cup finals. I got hooked on Dai-di then. haha yes, I just picked up the game (more like, finally understanding how to play the darn game.) last monday. Don't laugh. The reason why I only love playing the game only now, is the sudden yet simple relevation of the rules of the game. All thanks to Marie and Youie who taught me how to play. Its fun, seriously. And did I mention addictive? Totally. Even more so than Mahjong.. For now, that is. -----------------------------------------------
The sudden way I took a liking to Dai-di made me realise that I hate to be the sore loser. Im such a sucker for winning most times. When I sucked and kept losing at a particular game, I always try my best to avoid playing that game. Initially, I hated Dai-di because I just dont get the rules right. I had no idea which suit is the biggest. And the idea of not knowing made me hate the idea of playing the game. Thats the case for bridge as well. Perhaps, you guys should let me win alot of rounds of bridge so I'll like the game. haha!..... cannot la, I have to change this attitude of mine. So childish. Reminds me of kids who burst out in tears when they lose in hopskotch and computer games.
Posted by Jo at 12:37 am