Saturday, June 10, 2006



I Miss Home!

I saw this cellular phone ad on tv today. This guy got a set of free tickets to the World Cup in Germany, jet-set to Germany with his best pals. He lost the tickets. Had to watch world cup live with his best buds using his 3G cellular phone. His friends didnt blame him and they ended up touring the whole of Germany. The ad didnt really strike me as an interesting ad until the end when the narrator said:


"The best place in the world is where your friends are"
That sentence alone made me realise I really miss my friends and loved ones back home. Amidst the fun I am having right now, there's this part of me that misses the people back home. Yes, life back home is pretty much mundane, normal, nothing out of the ordinary. But, all my loved ones and my girls and darling are back there eagerly waiting for me to come back. Im a very lucky girl. Im thankful for that. (trying not to tear, I cant believe Im tearing! sheesh....)
I always feel that you can be in the most boring place on the planet, but when you have your best pals/friends/buddies/girlfriends with you, the boredom doesnt seem to matter anymore. You can be partying at the most happening club with the best R&B beats and free flow of the most premium housepours but without my girls' company, its just nothing that big deal. Seriously, that's how I value my friends' company. Life's not about the party you're having, it's about the company.
Right now, Im thankful for such nice folks in my group that truly makes my trip here worthwhile.

Posted by Jo at 1:37 pm