Saturday, June 17, 2006
All in a day's shopping!
This phrase will appear several times throughout this post:
I should really cut down on my shopping expenses
First lets start with what we did in the morning....
It felt damn good to not wake up to the ringing of my alarm clock. All thanks to Kenneth, our team leader who ingeniusly thought of rearranging our friday morning class forward to monday and tuesday's class instead. No class today which means we can sleep in as late as we want. We have a long weekend as well! He didnt get the 80 bucks Robinson voucher for nothing. So far, he did good as a team leader, sending us group photos, organising trips and liaising with the UBC coordinator... Basically, all that shitass work a team leader has to do. He handled it well, I must say. Kudos to Kenneth!
Breakfast was home-fried eyes and salami ham (yum!) and a glass of milk. It was not bad.... The washing up was bad thou.. haha the saucepan was still there after we came back from shopping. haha... oh well, it was a tad too much procrastination there. but anyhow, I washed it in the end. not to worry, its spanking clean.
We were just sitting around watching american tv, shaking legs and getting bored to death, when dawn said why not we go to Robson today?! The trip was supposed to be a non-shopping event since she had to remove this tag from her shirt which she bought and Robson is the nearest and the best shopping area in the vicinity. And we just had to go remove the tag and perhaps just head back to dorm. But alas, you knew that's soooo not going to happen!
haha, oh well, you know the ending... We ended up shopping! sheesh....
Temptation everywhere! I saw this really nice fitting and extremely figure-clinging True Religion jeans which costs a whopping 259CAD! OMG! it was really really nice! And its TRUE RELIGION! which costs like 425 SGD (after conversion plus tax). It's expensive but if you were to buy it back home in singapore, it would cost you close to 700 SGD (according to vanny).
Even though its a good deal and Im seriously tempted to buy, the thought of going through the layers of continuous nagging from my mum, my aunt and my boyfriend made me a little more sensible and I decided not to buy those jeans. I should really cut down on my shopping expenses.
ah well, I can always buy 2 pairs of Levi's back home =) Sigh, a pair of Levi's jeans never look and feel the same after you've worn a pair of true blue cult jeans.. no wonder, miranda was willing to part with 500 SGD for her pair of True Religion jeans. Im not that willing after all..
Other stuff I got tempted and bought instead:
1) Belt (another one and the last!)
2) Tweed shorts and denim capri pants
3) 2 bottles of Redken treatment (this is a really good deal! its on sale and it is much cheaper than if you were to buy it from the salons back home) Girls, if you want, lemme know. Its 12CAD =)
4) 2 Kiehls Lipbalm (cheaper than Kiehl's in singapore cos their stuff is from US.) *its 15 SGD for one Kiehls Lipbalm, 21 SGD back home. Girls, you want? I can only take 2 orders. 5) Lancome mask and hydra eye gel (also cheaper, Ive did my homework and checked the prices.)Alright, I should really cut down on my shopping expenses.
Posted by Jo at 3:22 pm
Cool Reads
Snippets
Small Talk
Archives
Im Listening to
Check This Out
Blog's Peeps

IT staffing