Thursday, May 25, 2006



GSS 2006!!!

The Great Singapore Sale starts tomorrow!

8 weeks of shopping frenzy from 26 May to 23 July.

Darn, im gonna miss the good half of the sale. By the time I get back, it'll be the leftovers nobody wants. Its alright, I'll be shopping at Robson Street.

Now, GSS is always an interesting time to observe the behavior and above all, the kiasu-ness of most Singaporean girls/women/aunties/tai-tais. ha! No matter how, by hook or by crook, they will try to wiggle and force their way to get to the first few batches of the prettiest stuff. Oh mans, its frightening. The nature of women at work when they're shopping at a sale. And we're not just talking about any other sale, we're talking about the Great Singapore Sale. Phew.. I pity all those men out there who have girlfriends described above. Umms, but men nowadays are getting more fashion conscious (with all those metrosexual thingy going on). Most prolly, they'll be equally busy grabbing for good deals at places like Raoul and TopMan. There was this one time, I saw how this man (he's pretty young, working professional) ran from one end of a store to the other just to grab this piece of polo shirt from the racks just when this other guy tried to get hold of it.. His reputation of a working class professional just got tarnished. haha the 'victorious' smirk on his face was hilarious. I almost wanted to burst out laughing.

oh well, thats the effect GSS has on both the male and female species.

*Hey girls, shopping wouldnt be the same without you people. SIGH.








Posted by Jo at 10:50 pm